If you’re looking to upgrade to a smaller, lighter sound processor—without sacrificing sound quality and clarity—the Kanso® Sound Processor1,2 may be the perfect solution.
The Kanso Sound Processor is our off-the-ear hearing solution designed to be so discreet and comfortable you may even forget you’re wearing it. With eight color options, it can blend seamlessly into your hair.
Best of all, you won’t have to give up the features you’ve come to rely on from traditional, behind-the-ear processors. The Kanso provides the same hearing experience as the Nucleus® 6 Sound Processor to help provide your best hearing, even in challenging, noisy environments3. This includes dual microphones, SmartSound® iQ with SCAN technologies and True Wireless™ connectivity.
The SmartSound® iQ4 feature automatically scans your surroundings and matches the listening environment to one of six scenes. It then adjusts the setting for optimal hearing, sparing you the need to make manual adjustments to the sound processor.
With True Wireless connectivity, you can hear clearly no matter where you are. Connect your Kanso Sound Processor to the Mini Microphones, Phone Clip, and TV Streamer with the push of a button.
The Kanso is dust-and splash-proof, and the Aqua+5 opens up a whole world of water activities such as swimming underwater, surfing the waves, taking a shower, and many more.
To read the answers to frequently asked questions about processor upgrades, click here.
1. Kanso is compatible with all implants except for Nucleus® 22 Implant (N22) and Nucleus Hybrid™ Hearing component.
2. The Hybrid L24 Implant is approved in the US only for adults 18 and older. The Cochlear Nucleus Hybrid acoustic component is not compatible with the Kanso Sound Processor. The Kanso Sound Processor is not intended to be used by Hybrid L24 Cochlear Implant recipients who receive benefit from the acoustic component.
3. Jones, Marian, Mauger, Stefan. Cochlear® Clinical Investigation Report. Acceptance of the CP950/KANSO sound processor with experienced CP810/CP900 series BTE sound processor participants. Version 1.0. Clinical Investigation Plan Number CLTD5591 v.5. Windchill No. 582225. CIR D1072418. Aug 12, 2016.
4. SNR-NR and WNR are approved for use with any recipient ages 6 years and older, who is able to 1) complete objective speech perception testing in quiet and in noise in order to determine and document performance 2) report a preference for different program settings. SCAN is FDA approved for use with any recipient age 6 years old and older, to be used at the discretion of the recipient/parent/caregiver.
5. The Kanso Sound Processor with the Aqua+ is water resistant to level IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529. This water protection rating means that the sound processor with the Aqua+ can be continuously submerged under water to a depth of 3 meters (9 feet and 9 inches) for up to 2 hours. This water protection only applies when you use the Aqua+ and LR44 alkaline or nickel metal hydride disposable batteries.
6. Kanso upgrade orders placed on the Cochlear Online Store are only available if you select self-pay for your order. After purchasing your self-pay upgrade, you may still seek insurance reimbursement on your own directly through your insurance provider.
As a journalism student, Baha recipient, and Anders Tjellström Scholarship winner, Skylar is excited to join the team at Cochlear as an intern to tell the stories of other CI and Baha recipients! She attends the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University.