Temperatures are starting to drop, leaves are beginning to fall, and the scent of pumpkin spice is wafting through the air. That can only mean one thing: Halloween is just around the corner. Are you ready for the fall festivities to begin?
This year, make your pumpkin carvings as stylish and unique as you are with these custom Cochlear sound processor stencils. Simply print the stencil of your choice, secure it to the pumpkin, and cut around the borders to add a personalized flair to your jack-o-lantern.
Now that your decorations are ready, check out these 5 tips to prepare for the fun and frights of Halloween festivities:
- Don’t sacrifice sound for spookiness. When picking out a costume, make sure the mask or hat can fit comfortably over the sound processor without causing interference. You’ll want to know well in advance if you need to make any exchanges or modifications to your wardrobe.
- Be cautious with face paint and sprays that could damage your sound processor. Keep one hand over the processor while spraying any substances that could damage it— or better yet, remove your processor while applying hair products.
- Bring extra batteries for your processor so your trick-or-treating adventures can continue uninterrupted. The night only comes once a year, so you want to make sure you’re prepared to enjoy it.
- Make yourself visible to cars at night. Carry a flashlight and think about adding reflective tape to your costumes for extra visibility. Glow sticks and fluorescent bracelets are a great way to combine practicality with fun.
- Check all your treats before digging in. Look over your candy haul and make sure every piece is unopened and individually packaged. Don’t accept homemade treats unless you know the person well.