One of the great things about a direct-to-device connection between your Baha 5 Sound Processor and iPhone is that you can discreetly control it, without anyone noticing. You’ll just blend in with everyone else who use their iPhones, in the grocery store, waiting for the bus, waiting for someone in a restaurant…
The Baha 5 Smart App has all sorts of exciting capabilities that allow you to personalize your listening experience.
The app will allow you to:
- Program in locations where your sound processor will automatically change to a set program
- Find your missing sound processor
- Change your programs
- Adjust your volume
- Fiddle with your bass/treble ratio
- Get troubleshooting help
First, you need to download the Smart App. Just click here or on the icon and it will take you directly to the App Store:
If you don’t have a Baha 5 Sound Processor, you can choose the option to explore the app in demo mode.
If you do have a Baha 5 Sound Processor, then you need to pair your iPhone to your sound processor:
- Ensure your Baha 5 Sound Processor is turned OFF by opening the battery door
- On your iPhone, turn on Bluetooth under Devices
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility >Hearing Aids
- Turn ON your Baha 5 Sound Processor by closing the battery door. It’s now discoverable for 120 seconds.
- Tap the name of your sound processor, once it appears
- Accept pairing request
If your Baha 5 Sound Processor is paired, has a live battery, and is turned on, it will automatically connect once you start the Baha 5 Smart App. When the app is connected for the first time, it may need additional time to read required data from your sound processor.
All done? Great!
You can now change volume, programs and check your battery status – all discreetly done via your iPhone!
Not all products are available in all markets.