Patt Dobbs, shares the 9 principles that she feels most strongly support the Hearing Loss Revolution.
1. Our lives define us, not our hearing loss.
2. We’re just as intelligent as we were before our hearing loss.
3. We’re heroes, not victims of our hearing loss.
4. We tell people what we need them to do so we can hear them better.
5.We use Assistive Listening Technology and Advocate for them in Public Venues
6. We are honest with ourselves and others; we don’t pretend to hear what we don’t.
7. We laugh when we misunderstand a word(s), seeing the humor in it.
8. We accept with grace the hearing challenges that we cannot change.
9. We feel grateful for our courage and strength in living these Principles.
9 Principles©2013 Pat Dobbs
Pat@HearingLossResourceCenter.com | www.HearingLossResourceCenter.com